The same friend who passed the piece about English killing you sent me this little number:
What Would Have Happened if The Three Wise Men Had Been Three Wise Women?
- They would have asked the way.
- They would have arrived on time.
- They would have helped at the birth.
- They would have cleaned up the stable.
- They would have given something useful
- and brought something to eat.
And What Would They Have Said Immediately After Leaving:
- Did you see those sandals Mary was wearing and, my dear, that tunic?
- The baby doesn't look at all like his father.
- I heard Joseph's unemployed.
- I don't know how they could live like that, what with all those animals in the house. Hardly a sanitary place to bring up a baby.
- And the mule's seen better days.
- I wonder if they'll remember to give back the lasagne dish...
Tell me, are we really like that?
I'm hitting the pause button for about a week. We're starting building work here and I think we'll progress quicker if all my brain's engaged instead of just a handful of cells (because the rest are all employed framing a new post).
I will still be visiting and commenting, though, I simply won't have time to write.
Love to you all...