Thursday, December 28, 2006

More Photos of Valbonne


I couldn't resist posting more of my Valbonne shopping trip photos. I had such a pleasant morning down there dipping in and out of the shops and admiring the stalls and as we'd hit the streets early we pretty well had the place to ourselves for awhile.


The oysters up above are what we'll be eating on New Year's Eve, called the Reveillon. We've been invited to a party and everyone's to contribute a dish. We're supplying some oysters and a friend's bringing Coquilles Saint Jacques in Noilly Prat. I know I'll need the recipe for that one.


The tea pots were in a shop I'd not seen before but that's the trouble with Valbonne; shops open and close all the time. I bought two mugs in the leopard print. They weren't exactly pottery being much finer but not porcelain either. What I did like was the finish which made the leopard effect look opaque. It doesn't show up well on the photo. Anyway I bought the mugs (called les mugs in french!) for friends, my last Christmas gift.


These jugglers were part of the amusement. They were doing well then a second after I took the photo they dropped the skittles!


7 comments:

Shaz said...

Woops you may have jinxed them(giggle)
I so want to go shopping with you!!!!

tut-tut said...

Looks wonderful! Post that recipe, if you get it.

savvycityfarmer said...

Enjoy your delicacies on New Years' Eve...mmmmm I'm a bit leary of oysters

JP (mom) said...

Happy almost New Year, Angela! Much peace, JP

Open Grove Claudia said...

So beautiful - thanks for sharing! I love their white faces!

I hope you have a blessed new year!

Loui (and his mum!) said...

I have just discovered your blog....I adore the south of France so will be popping back her often!

J x

Kristi said...

What beautiful pictures. I remember my time in Europe so well, even though it's been 10 years since I was last there, and your photos take me back to that special time.